Communications, Media & Publications
In the Office of Communications, Media & Publications, we are fortunate to work with the various ministries of the diocese. Having opportunities to share the good news of the wonderful “happenings” taking place throughout the diocese is one of the greater joys we derive from our work.
The Office of Communications, Media & Publications serves the bishop, the various ministries of the diocese in addition to all its parishes. We maintain the diocesan Website, produce weekly radio spots which air on various stations across the diocese, facilitate media coverage, and work within the diocese to help communicate the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Leslie Eidson serves as Director
- Angie Toben serves as Assistant in the office.
Catholic Communication Campaign
What is the Catholic Communications Campaign? Every year in June, a special collection takes place for the Catholic Communications Campaign. This collection is vital to support the tremendous work of the USCCB’s Communications Office and is also a great support of your diocesan Office of Communications, Media & Publications.
With your generous support, we are able to continue spreading the good news throughout the diocese. The USCCB’s Communications Office offers a tremendous array of media support through national television programs, radio broadcasts, streaming video through their Website, as well as print materials.
The work of the CCC, including the funds set aside for these grants, is made possible by the generous donations of Catholic parishioners from all across the country to the CCC’s annual appeal. Proceeds from this collection are split equally among the participating dioceses and the CCC’s national office in Washington, DC.
For more than 25 years, the Catholic Communication Campaign has been spreading the Gospel message locally and nationally on radio, television, in print and on the Internet. Donations from Catholic parishioners, like you, make the work of the CCC possible. Please contribute generously to the Campaign in your upcoming parish collection.
About the Office
What does the Office of Communications, Media & Publications do for the diocese? The work of the office is all around us. It is just not easily identified as “work from the office”. Some of the duties of the office are:
- Handle media inquiries – radio, television, newspaper
- Serve as the “link” for other offices – gathering important news and information as it relates to the different ministries
- Share information about the diocese and events taking place with the media through press releases
- Oversee and maintain social media outlets (such as Facebook) with news and events that impact the faithful of the diocese.
- Oversee and maintain the diocesan Website
- Produce Ask the Bishop for radio and internet broadcast
- Serve as Bishop’s liason with KHJM (89.1fm, Dexter) and KQOH (91.5fm Bolivar) – Catholic radio station within the diocese.
- Broadcast of Tu Companero, a 30 minute Spanish radio program broadcast weekly
- Assist in the DDF Campaign – video, brochures, and posters
- Gather information for Bishop Rice about parishes, schools, and diocesan institutions as required for his ministry.
- Work in conjunction with the US Conference of Catholic Bishops