Saint Francis awards 23 healthcare scholarshipsCape Girardeau MO
Saint Francis Healthcare System Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary awarded healthcare scholarships to 23 local students on Aug. 5. Each student received $1,250 in scholarships toward a degree in a healthcare-related profession.
The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program was created in 1980. Saint Francis Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary fund the program. Since its inception, the program has provided more than $579,000 in education scholarships to college students in an effort to encourage participation in professional healthcare careers. Scholarship recipients must have completed at least one year in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled, maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA, and complete the application and essay requirements by the scheduled deadline. They must also reside within the Saint Francis service area, as defined in the application.
The 2016 Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program Recipients are:
• Abigail Breite, Cape Girardeau—Bernadean Campbell Memorial Scholarship
• Danielle Childers, Cape Girardeau—Raymond A. and Lillian K. Ritter Scholarship
• Angela Dickinson, Zalma—Edythe M. Davis Scholarship
• Alexis Engelhart, Jackson—Raymond A. and Lillian K. Ritter Scholarship
• Joshua Friess, Jackson—Bess Estes Healthcare Scholarship
• Jenna Hawkins, Portageville—Evalyn and S. David Nunley Scholarship
• Rachel Hearnes, Charleston—Joseph and Harriette Hunter McCrate Scholarship
• Morgan Hileman, Cape Girardeau—Christen Joyel Aufdenberg Memorial Scholarship
• Abigail Kenney, Cape Girardeau—Susan E. Hinkebein Memorial Scholarship
• Cody Likens, Cape Girardeau—Carrie Suedekum Memorial Scholarship
• Brianna Lueders, Cape Girardeau—Mark F. Scully Nursing Scholarship
• Anna Miller, Jackson—Huttegger-Scherer Nursing Scholarship
• Stephanie Nanney, Whitewater—Sisters of Saint Francis Nursing Scholarship
• Ryan O’Rear, Jackson—Saint Francis Auxiliary Physician Honor Scholarship
• Sara Pilsner, Cape Girardeau—Ken Hayden Memorial Nursing Scholarship
• Olivia Renner, Jackson—Lee George and Katherine Jane Cochran Memorial Scholarship
• Shea Scholl, Jackson—Saint Francis Foundation Scholarship
• Morgan Schumer, Cape Girardeau—Earl, Jr., and Lori Wills Memorial Scholarship
• Ethan Seyer, Oak Ridge—Mamie Hall Memorial Scholarship
• Emma Steffens, Jackson—Saint Francis Auxiliary Healthcare Scholarship
• Dana Thiele, Leopold—Saint Francis Auxiliary 125th Anniversary Scholarship
• Katy Weston, Glen Allen—Lucy Ellen Towse Memorial Scholarship
• Adam Young, New Madrid—Clara D. Newnam Memorial Scholarship
For more information about the Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program, call (573) 331-5790.
Saint Francis Foundation is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization that supports Saint Francis Medical Center by strengthening the overall institution and reaffirming its mission of supporting the community and the people it serves. The Foundation sponsors several annual events, including golf tournaments, and philanthropic activities such as annual appeals, memorials, endowment funds, planned giving, grants, and major gifts.