Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Mansfield, MO
Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mansfield, MO. (Photos by G. Eckl)
Phone: (417) 924-3779
Mailing address: Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, PO Box 468, Mansfield, MO 65704-0468
Pastor: The Very Rev. Leo Arockiasamy, HGN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Parochial Vicar: Fr. Thomas Dharelli, HGN, email@example.com
CRE: Nancy Stepro
Attends to St. Leo the Great Mission Church, Ava, MO, and St. William Mission Church, Gainesville, MO.
A small group of families gathered to celebrate Mass in a building that was once a gas station in Mansfield. It was founded as a mission of Sacred Heart Parish in Mountain Grove. A modest native stone church was constructed in 1947. The Benedictines served the congregation for about 12 and a half years. Immaculate Heart of Mary Church became a parish on Sept. 1, 1949.
Three years after the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau was established in 1959, a succession of diocesan priests served as pastors. In the early 1970s, parishioners constructed a hall, doing most of the work themselves under the direction of parishioner Alvin Herrman. The hall served for the religious instructions of the children and other parish activities.
The Oblates of Mary Immaculate began their service in the mid-1970s. Fr. Leonard Baldus, OMI, then the pastor, began a mailing campaign to raise funds for the construction of a new church complex. Parishioners also pledged contributions to the building fund. Bishop John Leibrecht dedicated the church on June 27, 1987.
All schedules subject to change. Please call parish office to verify.
Weekend Mass times
Weekday Mass times
varies and by appointment
GPS coordinates: N36° 33.645’, W089° 58.228’ (click here for map)
Physical Address: St. Ann Church, 304 N Douglass St, Malden, MO