Old St. Vincent Chapel of Ease, Cape Girardeau, MO
Historic Old St. Vincent Chapel of Ease, Cape Girardeau, MO. (Photos by G. Eckl)
Phone: (573) 335-9347 (St. Mary Cathedral, Cape Girardeau)
Mailing address: Cathedral of St. Mary of the Annunciation, 615 William Street, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703-6242
Pastor: The Very Rev. Allan L. Saunders, FrSaunders@stmarycathedral.net
Also attends to St. Mary of the Annunciation Cathedral, Cape Girardeau, MO
This placard at the Old S. Vincent’s Church reads:
On this site in 1833, Fr. John Timon, a Vincentian priest, celebrated Mass in a warehouse of Don Louis Lorimier.
The first St. Vincent’s Church, constructed in 1838 was destroyed by a tornado in 1850. Rebuilt a year later, the foundation of the present English Gothic church is stone from the original building.
Declared a Chapel of Ease in 1977, Old St. Vincent’s Church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982 and has remained a place of worship since Fr. Timon came to this spot in 1833.
For a comprehensive history go to www.oldstvincents.org.
For current parish Mass times and other activities and events click HERE. Or, call the phone number listed.
GPS coordinates: N37° 18.034’, W089° 31.168’ (click here for map)
Physical address: Main & William Sts, Cape Girardeau, MO