St. Edward Parish, Cassville, MO

CassvilleAnimated

St. Edward Church, Cassville, MO. (Photos by G. Eckl)

Phone: (417) 847-4948 • Fax: (417) 847-4947
Mailing address: St. Edward Church, PO Box 492, Cassville, MO 65625-0492

Pastor: The Very Rev. William M. Hodgson, [email protected] 
Administrative Assistant: Alice Gebhardt
Email: [email protected] 
Website: stedwardcatholicchurch.org

Also attends to Holy Family Parish, Shell Knob, MO

History

The Catholic Extension Society coupled with Kansas City’s Bishop Edwin V. O’Hara’s desire to have a parish in every county of that diocese resulted in the founding of St. Edward as a mission church in 1945. Located near Roaring River State Park, the Catholic community numbered 154 parishioners, making it one of the larger mission churches.

Growth in the area and arrival of Spanish-speaking Catholics increased the diversity and outreach of the community. On April 6, 1989, a new church was dedicated to accommodate the burgeoning Catholic population. In August 1999 the mission became a parish. Looking toward the future, the parish has purchased neighboring properties with the hope of building a Parish Life Center. The parish has seen significant growth—from 154 members in 1989 to more than 900 in 2004.

Parish related

For current parish Mass times and other activities and events click HERE. Or, call the phone number above.

GPS coordinates: N36° 41.306’, W093° 51.884’ (click here for map)
Physical address: St. Edward Church, 107 W 17th St, Cassville, MO

English