St. George Mission Church, Van Buren, MO
St. George Mission Church, Van Buren, MO. (By G. Eckl)
Phone: (573) 247-0277 Mailing address: St. Catherine of Siena Parish, 109 Piedmont Ave., Piedmont, MO 63957-1048
Pastor: Fr. Daniel J. Hirtz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Also attends to St. Catherine of Siena Parish, Piedmont, MO
At first Catholics in the Van Buren area gathered in a variety of locations, including the “Butch” Frazier barber shop in Van Buren. The Trumble family of Van Buren also lent the use of their parlor for the celebration of Mass. One priest brought a trailer to use for a chapel. Until the church was built, the community used the chapel in the Leuckel Funeral Home.
A brick church dedicated to St. George was built on property donated in 1949 by the Leuckel family. It became a mission of St. Catherine in Piedmont in 1962. Soon after that the community was able to acquire a parish center for social fellowship and the religious education of the children.
For current parish Mass times and other activities and events click HERE. Or, call the phone number listed.
GPS coordinates: N36° 59.726’, W091° 00.917’ (click here for map)
Physical address: 205 Ash St, Van Buren, MO