St. Leo the Great Mission Church — Ava, MO

St. Leo the Great Mission Church — Ava, MO. (Photos by G. Eckl)

Phone: (417) 683-5249

Email: [email protected]

Address: RR 6 Box 6700 Ava, MO 65608

Mailing address: St. Leo the Great Mission Church, RR 6 Box 6700, Ava, MO 65608-9678

Pastor: The Very Rev. Leo Arockiasamy, HGN, [email protected]


CRE:
Daisy Kromery

Attended from Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Mansfield, MO

Follow St. Leo Mission Church on Facebook!

History

The Catholic community in Ava traces its history to 1935 when Mass was celebrated once a year for four Catholic families in the Baumgardner home by priests from St. Joseph’s Church in Springfield and Mountain Grove. St. Leo the Great became an established mission in 1940. A Church was built in 1958 with help from the Extension Society and the St. Leo Council of the Knights of Columbus of Chicago. In 1980 the church was remodeled and a social hall and classrooms were added.

With the help of the Oblate Fathers and the Extension Society, a rectory was completed in 1982. In 1991 the old windows were replaced with beautiful stained-glass windows and skylights were added. In 1995 a bequeathal paid for more classrooms and a meeting room library

Weekend Mass times:

Sunday—11 a.m.

Daily Mass times:

Mon.-Fri.—8 a.m. in the rectory

Confession:

Sunday—10:30 a.m.

Eucharistic Adoration:

Every third Sunday—12:00-Noon

English