Office of Communications, Media,
Role of the Office
The Office of Communications, Media, & Publications serves the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau, the bishop, and the various ministries of the diocese in addition to all its parishes, missions, schools, and apostolates in communicating the mission, vision, and values of the Diocese across multiple information systems, communications platforms, and technology systems.
What does the Office of Communications, Media & Publications do for Our One Church, East to West? The work of the office is all around us. Some of the duties are:
• Oversee the construct and deployment of various communications assets: audio, video, print, and social engagement tools, including the biweekly diocesan newspaper, The Mirror, the biweekly (internal) Diocesan Newsletter, and the annual Diocesan Directory. Report updates/ make changes for the Diocesan Directory here.
• Liaise media & serve as a point of contact for various general public inquiries in relation to the teachings, tradition, mission, vision, and values of the Diocese, its Bishop, and the Catholic Church.
• Serve as the “link” for other offices – gathering and sharing important news and information as it relates to the different ministries, events, initiatives, and the mission of the Church.
• Share information about the diocese and events taking place with the media through press releases, audio, print, video, and digital assets.
• Oversee and maintain social media outlets with news, resources, and events (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter) @DioSCG
• Oversee and maintain the diocesan Website
• Serve as Bishop’s liason with four Catholic radio stations* within the diocese: K232FF, 94.3FM Cape Girardeau; KHLM, 89.1FM Dexter & Bootheel; KFSS, 94.5FM St. Peter the Apostle Parish, Joplin; KQOH, 91.9FM, Springfield.
• Broadcast of “Tu Companero,” a 30-minute weekly Spanish radio program broadcast • Assist in various Development campaigns – video, brochures, posters, digital assets (DDF, CCSOMO, iGiveCatholic, etc.)
• Serve as a resource for Bishop Edward M. Rice as required for his ministry.
• Work in conjunction with the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Missouri Catholic Conference, local healthcare networks, other faith traditions, diocesan apostolates, and the general public to promote the mission, vision, and values of the Diocese across multiple channels of information networks.
Leslie Anne Eidson
Director & Editor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Specialist | email@example.com
Communications Assistant | firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Engagement Officer | email@example.com
Catholic Communication Campaign
Every year in June, a special collection takes place in all our parishes and missions for the Catholic Communications Campaign. This collection is vital to support the tremendous work of the Communications Team(s) of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and is also a great support to the diocesan Office of Communications, Media, & Publications.
With your generous support, we are able to develop, implement, maintain, and constantly improve all of the diocese’s information systems throughout our local communities across a variety of digital and print platforms. The work of the CCC, including the funds set aside for local grants, is made possible by the generous donations of Catholic parishioners from all across the country to the CCC’s annual appeal. Proceeds from this collection are split equally among the participating dioceses and the CCC’s national office in Washington, DC.
For decades and throughout various technological advances, the Catholic Communication Campaign has allowed the Church to continue to spread the Gospel message of God’s love and mercy both locally and nationally on radio, television, in print, and on the Internet. Donations from Catholic parishioners, like you, make the work of the CCC possible. Please contribute generously to the Campaign in your upcoming parish collection each June and also toward the annual collection for The Mirror each February, which is Catholic Press Month.